The banking sector has always been one of the early adopters of digital and technological solutions. Organizations operating in the sector continue to leverage the benefits of technology—be it digital signatures, online banking, mobile banking or ATM facility—to help improve the services offered to their clients.
Today, we look at another technological revolution, live chat software, that is being widely adopted by industry players to help them transform their services.
Let’s explore the how.
Re-Introducing the Scope for “Personal Interactions”
While actively pursuing the objective, “convenience for all”, the banking sector introduced solutions like phone banking, online banking and ATM services for its clients.
- If a customer wants to withdraw money, they no longer have to visit the branch office. They can simply use their ATM cards.
- If a customer wants to open a bank account, they don’t have to visit the branch office, sit down with a banking representative and fill out the form. They can simply do it through the online banking services.
These solutions did provide the convenience factor, but, it subtracted the scope of personal interactions from the customer relationship equation.
And, for a business relationship to sustain, the importance of personal interaction can never be undermined.
This is where a live chat software solution can compensate for. It reintroduces and re-establishes the channel of interaction between a customer and a banker. Clients can enjoy the convenient solutions at their disposal but now, there is a live agent who is always ready to facilitate them with their needs and queries.
Establishing a Discreet Channel for the Exchange of Sensitive Information
A customer may not always be comfortable in exchanging sensitive information over the phone or an email.
- It could be a public place where your customer may fear that the conversation will be overheard.
- It could be the workplace, where your customer may be afraid that the sent email will get scrutinized over the office server.
A live chat software help address this problem by providing a secured chat session, where customers can conveniently share sensitive information without fearing the compromise of the sent details. Some live chat software solutions also come with detail masking feature, where an entered credit card will appear as “XXXX” on the customer interface.
Providing Live Assistance to Clients
Online banking practices are not easy to execute, especially if:
- Your customers are not computer savvy and struggle with different aspects of the technology.
- Your customers don’t really know how to fill the required fields in a bank form.
They both need prompt and accurate guidance. By integrating a live chat solution on your website, you can offer live assistance to your clients and customers. They don’t have to click on random pages in search of a solution, a live agent will help them answer their questions and solve their problems.
A live chat software solution has the potential to benefit the banking sector and its customers in different ways. As such companies and organizations operating in the industry vertical should look at integrating the solution as part of their operations.